Nightwatch provides the ability to set up your competitors to monitor their search rankings easily and compare them with yours. Adding competitors to your websites or URLs will not affect the total number of tracked keywords.
You can track up to 5 competitors on your account.
Setting up Competitor Tracking
To add a competitor, follow the next steps:
1. Open the website tab by clicking on a URL,
2. Click the "Competitors" button on the top-right side of the dashboard,
3. Enter the URLs of your competitors (optionally, you can also add their Google Place name, Carousel Title, and even add a custom name for each of them),
4. Click "Save."
Nightwatch can auto-discover competitors as well. If you'd like to take advantage of this feature, click the "Auto Discover" button as you add your competitors.
To activate and see the competitor data, follow the next steps:
1. Click on a pencil icon on a column of a website where added competitors,
2. At the bottom of the list, you will see the competitors name and choose one of its dimensions:
- Last change or
- Day / Week / Month change.
Ensure that you wait for 1 day before you try to access the competitors' data (as Nightwatch will need to do another crawl to start tracking competitors).
Check out our tutorial video on YouTube: