By running the Site Audit, you will get an exhaustive website analysis to help improve your – or your client’s - website ranking. Site Audit is available on Optimize and Agency plans.
How to start crawling your website?
- Just click on Site Audit in the sidebar on the left.
- After that, you will be taken to the Site Audit settings page, where you can customize your settings.
- If you would like to crawl your website regularly automatically - toggle on auto-crawling.
- Click 'Start Crawling.'
To ignore specific link paths from being crawled, you can insert them in the "Ignore link paths" section shown in the image above. You can:
1. either insert specific full links where it will effectively ignore them only,
2. or you can add partial links where it will act similar to a wildcard:
Inserting example.com/2018 will effectively also ignore all its sub-paths. E.g., example.com/2018/blog, example.com/2018/categories, etc.
Inserting incomplete links such as example.com/wp- will effectively ignore all links that contain the same strings. E.g. example.com/wp-admin, example.com/wp-cli, example.com/wp-content, etc.
Crawling concurrency level: If you're experiencing failed pages, try reducing this value. It will slow down the crawling and put less strain on the server where your website is hosted.
Setting filters and creating views.
You can set custom filters and create different views to navigate through all the parameters easily.
Comparing the data
Click on 'Audit checks' to compare all your data, in the long run, and focus on specific issues you’re dealing with.
To see more about your page's health, you can click on the details icon on the right side of your site audit list, and you will be able to identify all problematic issues and warnings.
Check out our tutorial video on Youtube: