Adding URLs and Keywords
The first thing to do when you start using Nightwatch is to add the URLs and keywords you want to track. Nightwatch checks and refreshes the position of your websites (URLs) by specified keywords once per day.
To add the URLs, follow the next steps:
- Click "Add URLs" button on the bottom of the sidebar,
- Choose search engine where you want to track the rankings,
- Enter the URL or multiple URLs (one per line),
- Click "Add URLs."
You can enter the full URL, starting with http such as http://yourwebsite.com or just the domain name such as yourwebsite.com.
To add the keywords, follow the next steps:
- As you choose the URL in the side bar, click "Add keywords" button in the dashboard,
- Enter the keywords (one per row),
- Set the location settings for tracking,
- Click "Add keywords."
Before adding keywords, make sure that you added the URL or website for which you want to track the keyword rankings.
After you added the keywords, Nightwatch will gather the ranking information for the specified location settings will automatically refresh the data on a daily basis.
Nightwatch supports advantaged location tracking.
- Zip code,
Nightwatch will pick all the subpages (subfolders) with the root URL that you specified for rank tracking.
- If you enter yourwebsite.com it will pick all the results from that website,
- If you enter http://yourwebsite.com/blog it will only pick the subpages from your blog.
If you'd like to track a subdomain as well as your domain (for instance, blog.yourwebsite.com as well as yourwebside.com), you should add it separately.
Today Nightwatch supports the following search engines:
- Google Places search (extremely useful for local SEO).