Inaccuracy and Troubleshooting
We take accuracy very seriously in our company. If you notice any data discrepancy in your app, please reach out to our Customer Success Team at [email protected] and they will make sure to help you out with any questions you might have.
1. My website is not ranking for any of my keywords. What 's wrong?
Nightwatch updates rankings every 24 hours, and the pages are picked up as soon as your website starts to rank.
2. I checked my rankings and your tool is showing inaccurate rankings for my keywords. Can you fix it?
It is practically impossible to simulate a precise location search on your local computer, which Nightwatch does provide - as well as some other advanced rank trackers. This requires you to fake the geographical location to a specific area supported by Google, which affects search results. There is no easy way to configure this on your local computer - the only way you could do it is if you were located in the area (which is detected the same as the precise location configured in Nightwatch), but it is just a half of the deal.
Still, if you want to check your rankings manually, here is what you should follow for more accurate results:
- Use browser in privacy (Incognito) mode,
- Use a proxy or VPN with the exact location as the tracked location of your keyword,
- In Google, configure the same language as of your tracked keyword,
- Experiment with “10 results per page” and “100 results per page.”
You could also use the Search Simulator Chrome extension from Nightwatch to simulate unbiased search requests on Google directly from your browser for any country in the world. No proxy, VPN, or Incognito mode needed. The extension simulates 100 per page result requests at the moment, so you might be seeing slightly different but more accurate results in your Nightwatch account (as it uses 10 results per page).
Still, it is highly possible that you won’t be seeing the same rankings as in the tracker, and it’s ok. You can experiment with adding the same keyword tracked on different locations - this approach is explained in our ultimate guide to tracking local rankings. It is not as easy to simulate unbiased search queries from your computer, and if you manually search for your keywords from time to time, you should know you can’t rely on the results completely.
Remember: Our system determines the optimal time for updating the rankings, and all rankings are refreshed on a regular daily basis, in a 24h interval.
3. My Local Pack is not showing. What is wrong?
- Registered a Google place and associated it with your website (if not, you can do it here: https://www.google.com/business),
- In Nightwatch, you entered the exact place name in “Local Place name” in the URL's configuration.
You can do it if you select a URL in the sidebar and go to its settings below.
Additionally, you may find our Ultimate Guide to Local Tracking helpful.