FAQ: Tracking Keywords
1. How can I add a new URL to Nightwatch?
- Click the "Add URLs" button on the bottom of the sidebar.
- You can match domains and/or nested URLs as well.
- Enter the URL (or multiple URLs, by toggling "Add multiple" on and adding them one per line).
- Set up your country and language — we will use these to discover keywords for the URL later.
- Set up your Google Places listing if you'd like to track your Google My Business rankings.
- Click "Next."
2. How can I add new keywords to Nightwatch?
- Click on 'Add keywords" under the desired URL,
- Choose the search engine where you want to track the rankings,
- Set up your country and language,
- Enter the keywords (one per row) or use the 'auto-discover' button in the keywords field,
- If you wish to track keywords as on mobile devices, toggle it on,
- Optionally, set the location settings for tracking, if you would like to track your keywords locally,
- Click "Next.
3. Can I refresh rankings manually?
4. What is the search depth that Nightwatch scans?
5. Can I change desktop tracking to mobile without adding keywords again?
6. Why do I get these error messages: base Keyword limit exceeded when I try to add new keywords?
- Log in to your account and click "Upgrade" in the navigation bar,
- Click the "Subscribe" button on the desired plan,
- Fill in your billing details and finalize your subscription.
7. How can I track keywords in other countries as well? I've selected one but I want to add a few other countries too?
8. Can I track my Youtube channel in Nightwatch?
9. How can I delete a keyword from my list?
To delete a certain keyword, you can click on the arrow down on the right side of the keyword list (please see the screenshot attached).
In case you would like to delete them in a batch, you can filter out the ones you would like to delete, mark them, and click on the 'Actions' button and 'delete.
10. I'm trying to delete the keyword but it always appears back on my list. What's the problem?
The reason why you can't delete these keywords is that you have limited access. You can add and delete only keywords that were added by you.
In this case, one of the admins on this account would need to delete these keywords.
11. How do you measure the Top 3, 10, and 100 in keywords distribution?
For example, if you click on 'Top 3', you will see only the keywords that are ranking in the first 3 places on your keywords list. If you click on 'Top 10' you will see all the keywords that are on ranking on the first 10 places and so on.
Under the Keyword Distribution in the Overview section and on your keywords list below, you see how are your keywords distributed on the current day. Therefore, if you choose date range like last day, last 7 days, last 14 days, last month, etc. you will see all the keywords and their distribution on the current day.